Share/Bookmark

Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Will Follow God's Plan .. First Half

I only taught the first half of the song today.  I wanted to be sure we had both lines learned well, and still had time for fun.  I know I said I didn't really want to use posters or flipcharts...but I changed my mind at the last minute and put a poster together this morning.  I covered it with blobs, and planned to uncover each line as we learned it.  The tan felt is covering the second half, which I'll have covered with the blobs for next week.              

I began with this gift box, and had a helper open it up.  


This was what was inside:  (They expected it to be empty, like filled with love or something.)


Then we talked about the plan...

At this point we played the hot and cold game with the gift box.  I used Mr. Crescendo Crocodile to help out the game a little.

After a few times with this, they had learned the line pretty well.  On to Line 2:

I had been taking the blobs off the poster to learn the words. 
 Now with Line 2 it looked like this:

Then with the last blob gone, it looked like this:


So then it was time for another game.  We hid this flashlight with a picture of Christ on it, to go with "to seek for God's light to direct me from birth."
 That's all we learned today.  I think we had fun learning it, and the kids paid attention.  
That's always a plus!                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment