Share/Bookmark

Saturday, February 5, 2011

I Will Follow God's Plan

Okay...  I think I'm ready to take this one on.  I DON'T want to use the old standbys this time....that of flipcharts and/or posters.  I want to do something unexpected and different.

I'll start out with a beautifully wrapped gift....ask the children to listen to the song as I sing it...to guess what's inside.  I'll pick a child to unwrap the gift, and inside will be a paper with the words, "MY LIFE" written on it.

I downloaded this darling folder game off the Green Jello with Carrots Blog that is a great pictorial for the "PLAN."  Maybe ... I'll have a helper(s) help me with placement of the pictures on the board.  Or if time is an issue...as it usually is, I'll just show it to them already put together.  I don't want to spend the whole time explaining it.  Just a quick overview.



Then for the line "My choice was to come to this lovely home on earth, and seek for God's light to direct me from birth,"  I'll have a flashlight with a picture of Christ taped to it.

For the Line "I will follow God's plan for me, holding fast to His word and His love,"  will be scriptures.

Then ""I will work, I will pray, I will always walk in His way."  A pair of shoes.

The Line, "Then I will be happy on earth, and in my home above."  A small world globe, or I could just point to the earth and Celestial Kingdom on the "Plan."

Now as we learn each line, I'll choose a child to go into the hall, then we'll play the Hot/Cold Game with the objects, singing the particular line of the song that goes with the object.  By repetition, they'll be learning the song in a fun, participatory, entertaining, and visual way.

No comments:

Post a Comment